Easy Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
Posted by Frances Drescher on
This is a super easy way to satisfy that Philly Cheesesteak craving! I adapted it from a recipe by The Toasty Kitchen (click to see original recipe). It is delicious on homemade buns or for a low carb version, you can just eat it as is (omit cornstarch for keto!)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth (or water/bouillon if you're lazy like me)
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch (omit for keto)
- 4-5 slices of provolone cheese (enough to cover your pan)
1. Brown ground beef over Medium heat, seasoning with salt & pepper. Remove from pan & set aside.
2. Melt 2 Tbsp of butter & saute the diced onion, bell pepper, and garlic until softened (or to your liking).
3. Reduce heat to Low heat, and mix the beef back into the pan. Mix in worcestershire sauce & beef broth. Be sure to scrape that goodness off the bottom!
4. If you'd like, add in up to 1 Tbsp of cornstarch to thicken the gravy. If you get it too thick, just add a splash of water to get it to the desired consistency.
5. Remove from heat & top with slices of provolone cheese. Allow to melt & then serve on buns or as is!
Share this post
- 0 comments
- Tags: Beef