Venison & Beef Tamale Pie
Oven: 350 F
Time: 50-60 minutes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1 (15 oz) enchilada sauce
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 - 2 Tbsp Froot Farm Taco Seasoning
- 2 tsp diced chipotle chile peppers (optional)
- 2 (8.5 oz) boxes dry corn muffin mix
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk, divided
- 8 oz Mexican shredded cheese
- 1 can creamed corn
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Spray a 9x13 inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
3. Cook & stir the ground beef until crumbly. Set aside.
5. Cook & stir the ground venison until crumbly. Mix the ground beef, onions, garlic, enchilada sauce, salsa, Froot Farm Taco Seasoning, and chipotle chile peppers together with the venison. Stir together for 5-10 minutes until cooked through and onions are soft.
6. Mix one package of corn muffin mix in a large bowl with 1 egg and 1/3 cup of milk. Whisk to combine. Pour over the bottom of the greased casserole dish and spread to cover.
7. Sprinkle 4 oz of Mexican shredded cheese over the muffin batter in the casserole dish.
8. Pour the meat mixture over the cheese & batter mixture.
9. Now, take your batter bowl (or a clean one) and mix the second box of corn muffin mix with 1 egg, 1/3 cup of milk, and 4 oz Mexican shredded cheese. Whisk to combine. Pour this over the meat mixture in the casserole dish, and carefully spread to cover.
10. Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden brown (uncovered).